Allied Waste Rubbish Collection and Recycle Guide:
All rubbish shall be picked up once each week on Thursday. Please place rubbish containers within 3 feet of the curb. Do not place rubbish out prior to 4:00 PM the night before pick up day. Please remove containers from the curb within 24 hours following collection. Your recyclables will be picked up the same day as your regular trash collection.
Bulk Pick up dates for 2017:
Collections will not be made on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day
Note: If any of the above holidays falls Monday through Thursday, collection will be delayed one day, until Friday.
ACCEPTABLE RECYCLING MATERIALS:
- Newspapers: The entire newspaper including inserts
- Aluminum, steel, and bimetal: Food and beverage cans only.
- Glass: Food and beverage containers only.
- Plastic: Containers marked with a #1 through #7 on them.
- Cartons/Aseptic containers: Milk, juice, etc.
- Miscellaneous paper: Magazines, phone books, junk mail, cardboard.
DO NOT RECYCLE:
- Containers with excessive foods or liquids still in the container.
- Containers that contained hazardous materials such as oil or anti-freeze.
- Shredded paper
- Styrofoam, aluminum foil, pie tins, etc.
- Light bulbs, Christmas lights, window glass, ceramics, china, etc.
- Plastic wrap, plastic bags, toys, flowerpots, garden hoses, etc.
- Clothing, blankets, chains, car parts, pots & pans, knives, etc.
- Needles, syringes, medical waste, or sharps.
- Place no wood in the green recycle container.
- Place no yard waste in the green recycle container.
Grass clippings and other yard waste should be placed in brown paper yard waste bags not to exceed 40 lbs.
Residents may also place yard waste loose in their old garbage cans marked yard waste. The cans must have a secure lid and should not exceed 40 lbs.
Any plastic bags are strictly prohibited from Yard Waste Collection, but may be placed in the blue trash container.
Small branches must be cut and bundled not to exceed 3 feet in length and 40 lbs. and should be placed next to yard waste bags or cans. Do not place any yard waste in green recycle cart.
Yard waste collection begins on the week of April 13th and ends the week of November 23rd.